Quick and Easy
Pickles are very easy and great to prepare ahead of time plus they make a super delicious crunchy side dish for any type of meal for lunch, dinner or even a savory brekkie! This cucumber recipe will get you covered.
To pickle something, you simply need to soak the vegetables in a vinegar brine. My brine calls for water, vinegar, mustard seeds (optional) and salt, and you let the cucumbers rest in the brine until you’re ready to eat them. Letting them sit Longer helps the flavors develop more, so an overnight soak is ideal, but they’re also fine to eat right away!
Don’t limit yourself to pickled cucumbers, use this recipe with just about any Vegetable. You can use the recipe for okra, bell peppers, and more, Adjust the spices and be creative because there are so many possibilities.
- Mustard Seeds
- Natural Pineapple Vinegar
- Filtered Water
- Pure Sea Salt (without any preservatives)
- Cut off ends to remain the crunch
- Cut cucumber in cubes (Approximately 4 cucumber)
- Fill the cucumber in 2 jars of 800 ml
- Add 2 cups of filtered water in both the jars
- In a Pan, add 2 cups of pineapple vinegar (other types of vinegar can be used)
- Add ¼ cup of sea salt (other spices like turmeric or chili flakes can be added)
- Add ¼ cup of mustard seeds
- Bring to a boil until salt dissolves
- Fill the prepared liquid to each jar covering the cucumbers
- Shake gently to release the air bubbles
- Let it cool down first before covering with a lid
- You can keep that as it is on the counter and taste one everyday until you have the consistency and the flavors that you like.
- Once you have reached that point, just get rid of the liquid and keep it in the fridge.
- Very flexible to add to your meals for lunch or dinner
For Better Understanding, Watch the video Here
Maricel is an international vegan specialized personal chef from Germany based in Thailand. She is also the founder of VEGAN CRUSH Cuisine and Food Delivery in Bangkok. From vegan gourmet to raw plant-based cuisine, Maricel offers a wide range of whole fusion food and recipes that inspired thousands of people through her food workshops, dinner events and online cooking classes. She is well known for her constant innovative recipe development that turns every event into a unique celebration for the palate and soul.
If you like this recipe give it your love and share it with the world using links below: